Monday 21 September 2015

Day 30 - Niort to Parthenay

Firstly, I want to say a big thank you to Reunite International for finding us a hotel last night. It is really appreciated having somewhere to stay rather than having to pitch a tent somewhere... More comfort and much warmer...

The night did have some amusement as I had to save Michelle from jamming the bathroom door ... she was stuck inside.... If that was going to happen to anybody, it would be her :)

The walk out of Niort was a bit of a maze until we reached the main road .... but I must admit, I preferred the maze.

Being a pedestrian on this road was treacherous... I spent so much time having to jump into ditches, hedges and nettles to avoid the oncoming traffic... i really had to be so careful.
 



 

There was one CRAZY white van driver who thought it was funny to swerve over onto the grass verge to try to scare me and then swerve back into the road at the last second. I really didnt see the funny side of that...

It was actually, a real struggle today. Every muscle that could have hurt, seemed to... Hopefully, I will be back to my smiley self tomorrow... Thanks HAS to go to Michelle for pushing me on today and being fantastic support.... 
 

 

Thanks also about constantly making sure I am eating! You tend to lose your appetite a bit when walking long distances


I'll apologise about the pretty lame photos today... There isnt a lot I can do about a day full of oncoming traffic dodging...

On the positive side, another 25.8 miles covered. Thats 767.2 miles overall so far (1234km)

Tomorrow, I head to Sainte-Verge and a hotel to look forward to.... Tonight though, we are now off to look for somewhere to pitch the tent...
 
 

Thanks to all who have donated to Reunite International through my JustGiving page... It really means a lot xxx

www.justgiving.com/walkacrossborders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.