Tuesday 22 September 2015

Day 31 - Parthenay to Sainte-Verge

After a surprisingly really good nights sleep in the tent, I put yesterday behind me and woke in good spirit... Also surprisingly, my legs were working again :)



We had literally dumped the tent in a grass verge/parking area as really didnt want to spend a lot of time searching for a place to pitch the tent..


It started quite cool but the sun was out... However, there was a really nasty looking cloud ahead so knew it wouldnt be long before it rained again...




It didnt spoil the day though, we remained in good spirit throughout the day and actually kept up a good pace... The incentive being the fact that I had a hotel booked for tonight thanks to points from Hotel.com...



Throughout the day, the weather was constantly changing again... Michelle kept a fair distance ahead today so she could try to catch up with some work that she had missed as a result of supporting me on this journey but still did a fantastic job as usual supporting me and providing refreshments when needed.

In order to get to Sainte Verge, I had to walk through Thouars which was a lovely little town so that was a nice end to the walking day. 



Another 27.6 miles today... That makes the total - 794.8 miles (1279km)... :) xx




The hotel was several miles away but its really nice and the staff are great... In particular Alban on reception who has asked if he can walk with me on Thursday (day 33) from Saumur as that is where he lives... Thanks Alban



Tomorrow we drive back to Sainte-Verge so I can start my journey to Saumur....

I just want to thank EVERYBODY who has sent messages of support. They all mean so much to me... Every single one of them xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.