Friday 25 September 2015

Day 33 - Saumur to Angers

Last night was so relaxing. Thank you so much Barry and Linda for booking a hotel for us. This was so kind of you... I also want to thank John Astill and Reunite International also for providing further accomodation on our remaining days. The support we have had from people has been amazing and so appreciated... xx

Day 33 began once again with rain but the route I took out of Saumur was lovely regardless.. It took us right along the Loire river.








We stopped at a lovely little restaurant on the way in Les Rosiers where the owners made coffee and cake. :)... (http://www.restaurantlatoqueblanche.fr/ )





Unfortunately, the planned road along the river came to an end as the were a number of diversions. This wasn't so much fun for Michelle in the support car as these diversions were taking her quite a distance out of the way and became quite difficult for her to keep track on where I was... Eventually, I was forced to walk down one of the diversions onto the main road so that was the end of my scenic route..



Following this it was back to crazy crazy rushed drivers who were giving me very little space at the side of the road.... Maybe I should wear a brighter top as they obviously cant see me?




I tried to rush as much as I could today as in the evening, we had arranged to meet Alison from Reunite International at the train station... I wasnt quick enough to not keep her wating as it was quite a long distance day (29.7 miles) but we got there about an hour after she arrived. 



It was so good to see her and we had a good catch up on the past few weeks over a MCDONALDS (the shame of it ;-) )






The hotel I booked on my travel points is really nice...



The TOTAL distance now walked is 844.8 miles (1360 km)

Tomorrow I have Alison walking with me and we are going to Château-Gontier :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.