Thursday 1 October 2015

Day 39 - Conde sur Noireau to Caen

This is our last full day in France so almost walked right through two countries... Spain and France....Tomorrow, we go to UK where I will be starting my journey over the remaining 4 days to the end of my walk in London.


Today was quite a long day but once again, Alison Shalaby kept her promise to bring the good weather with her :)




She started the first part of today's walk with me and to her horror, it was almost all uphill... lol.... She managed it though... Thanks Alison.



She also joined me again later in the day despite the blistered feet.




The walk was actually very nice for most of the journey. There was some lovely countryside and apart from a few places in the initial section, the roads were ok too.
I was hurting a little towards the end of the day but not too bad...








Once we had reached Caen, we stopped at a well known fast food outlet as were so hungry and then headed off to the hotel where we met up with Jean and Patriek who very kindly took us out for a drink and chat...





Walk Across Borders has been an amazing experience so far and I hope that it has achieved much of what I hoped it to.

My final day is France (Day 40) will be the walk from Caen to Ouistreham where we then catch the ferry to Portsmouth.

Thank you so much to Brittany Ferries for providing us with a ferry crossing and also to my friend John who has provided accomodation for us once in Portsmouth

On a personal matter that people need to be aware of, we will unfortunately be restricted on media coverage when in the UK and I can't really say much more about that at this time but I hope that people will join us for some of the remaining days to continue helping to raise awareness of parental child abduction and parental alienation as well as supporting the Reunite International charity (www.justgiving.com/walkacrossborders)

Sadly, Michelle has to leave us tomorrow. She has been amazing support throughout. I really don't know what I would have done without her... It's such a shame that she can't see this to the end but it cannot be helped..

Thank you all again for your encouragement, shared posts, kind words and all the help you have given... It really has shown that people do really care and this has meant so much to me...



Another 29.3 miles were completed which makes the total distance walked to be 989.5 miles (1592.5 km).
 
One day closer xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.