Sunday 4 October 2015

Day 42 - Bordon to Woking

On day 42 I was joined by Martin Bridges who, only a couple of years ago, completed a 3,112km bike ride from the UK to Greece in support of Reunite International.
https://www.facebook.com/oneparent.onebike
Alison took over the role of support driver but replaced Brum with a UK right hand drive car..


The first part of the walk seemed to go realy quickly as Martin and I were exchanging some of the stories of our journeys. It was an absolute pleasure to walk alongside somebody who totally relates to what I am doing and why. There were quite a few laughs on the way too...


We stopped for lunch in Farnham where we spoke to a few people about the walk and then carried on to catch up with Alison who had driven a little further ahead



Once we had caught up, Martin sat in with Alison for a few miles and rejoined me later to complete the day..



We then went to pick up Brum from back in Bordon... Unfortunately, Sybil the satnav was still set up for "shortest" rather than "fastest" route which made the drive interesting

23.1 miles completed today which makes the total after day 42 to be 1050.3 miles (1690 km)

On day 43 I am setting off from Woking railway station at 8.30am and heading to Brentford... Only 2 more days walking before I complete my journey... Thank you everybody for your messages of support. This really has helped to keep me going... One day closer xxx

www.justgiving.com/walkacrossborders 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.