Friday 28 August 2015

Day 5 - Los Pedrones to La Torre

Day 5 didn't start the way I expected with my support driver announcing that he had to return to Italy. We thanked him for his help over the previous 4 days and said our goodbyes.. Plan B had to be put into operation. Michelle driving the support car. Obviously, this was disappointing for her as she wanted to walk with me again but as always, she stepped up and put her own feelings behind the support needs of Walk Across Borders

Today's journey took me to La Torre near Utiel. Once again I saw some beautiful country.. I fall more and more in love with Spain and the people every day. 
































We stopped off at a lovely little bar (La Brasa) at lunchtime where they made me some pasta and chicken soup. I am finding breads and dryer foods difficult to swallow during my walk. Gracias Christina...














In the later stages of today I started to feel some soreness in my left shin. With some light strapping I carried on until I reached Utiel where the pharmacist recommended creams and medication .. 

The evening we spent in a tent in La Torre.. Surprisingly, I got a full 8 hours sleep... I had bought a 2 minute tent for the journey .. 

Day 6 takes me to Landete...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.