Friday 28 August 2015

Day 6 - La Torre to Landete

Today was a rest day.... When I say rest day, I mean that I only had to walk 23 miles to reach my scheduled destination.

I was actually quite surprised when I woke from the tent as it was only 14 degrees. MUCH cooler than it had been previously. However, it didn't take that long to warm up as by lunch time, it was 36 degrees...

Michelle has taken to the role of support driver really well simply driving a mile or two ahead and then stopping where she could find some shade to update photos and videos on her Facebook. She even tried to walk a little with me when the car was parked... Only within view though for safety reasons.

It was lovely to receive a couple of calls from the reunite office who were asking if they can do anything to help and as a result, they have advertised on their facebook page for anybody that would like to help with affordable or free accommodation for us on the journey. Thank you for this.

So far I have only had a few aches and pains... One of which is my left shin which feels like I've been in a 50/50 football challenge with one of my friends from home Shane North... (The rest of the lads will know what I mean about that!)

However, the pharmacist has given me some miracle cream and it seems to be helping...

Once again, I saw some lovely areas of Spain but very few that were populated today couldn't speak to many people about what I am doing and why.. The people I did meet though were lovely ... You would expect that of the Spanish people.




























Tomorrow I will be walking to a small village called Libros. I think we will be having fun and games with the tent again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.