Sunday 30 August 2015

Day 8 - Libros to Caude

Another night of outdoor living which was fairly comfortable considering and managed to get about 7-8 hours sleep... I am getting quite an expert with the tent now (dont laugh Michelle !! )
















We had a quite snack and coffee before setting off speaking to some of the local people about the walk and my reasons for doing it. They took some information and I headed off on today's journey totally unaware of the wonderful surprise that was to follow.....















Once again their was some lovely unspoiled Spanish country... Each day seems to bring new surprises



















My next surprise was amazing.... As I was walking around some of the country roads, a white car stopped at the side of me.... It was two of my friends from home, Linda and Barry Hall... I could not believe it. They had driven about 4 hours to get to see me :)















Linda walked with me for several miles and also allowed Michelle to walk a little more too as Barry took her back to the support car afterwards
















We stopped for a drink and a little bite to eat before they headed off... I am still smiling about this... I am so blessed to have such amazing friends that would do this for me
















At the bar we stopped at, we also had more opportunity to talk about the walk and left them with information too... Somebody once said to me "They dont care about parental child abduction and parental alienation"... I totally disagree.... When they are AWARE of these, they DO care... That is why we need to keep trying to raise awareness and keep trying to stay positive!!

I finally arrived at my destination earlier than expected. I was intending to take it quite easy today but Linda and Barry's visit put an extra spring in my steps...















That is now 213 miles (approx 343km) in 8 days...

Day 9 will take me to Monreal del Campo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.