Monday 31 August 2015

Day 9 - Caude to Monreal del Campo

 I set off thinking it was going to be fairly flat and straight today as it was near an airfield and looked quite direct on the Garmin



How right I was.....  It was literally 29 miles of flat, long road with hardly anything of interest either side. The Spanish towns we visited were barely populated.






The highlight of the day was a lady in the first village who I spoke to about the walk and she was so kind and would not accept payment for our drinks...



I also stopped at another Spanish village where a man made me spinach to keep my stength up :)... It was very nice



There REALLY ARE some positives here as the people I spoke with seemed very interested in what I am doing and my reasons... For each person that I speak to and who shows an interest, it makes the journey even more worthwhile.

I did have a stupid moment and sat on a tyre that had a wasps nest inside... That was not fun....



Although this was a longer distance day, I still arrived at the hotel earler than previous days (I guess thats because there was a lot less to look at)



Today I walked another 29 miles... This makes the total 242 miles (approx 390 km) in 9 days ...

Tomorrow I head up to Romanos

 I also had some more fantastic news in the evening. We could be having somebody walking with me again during some of my French stages.... More details to follow when I know more details

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.