Monday 7 September 2015

Day 16 - Sanguesa to Noain

Last night was spent in a campsite in Sanguesa. This actually helped because it kept the costs minimal and allowed us internet connection for me to do my blogs etc.. However, not all fun because there seemed to be a chorus of dogs that kept me awake all night.... Somehow Michelle didnt even hear them and slept like a log !!

We packed away the tent at about 7.30 hoping for a light snack in the cafe before I started but unfortunately, they dont seem to believe in early morning starts here so we had to snack on what we had left in the car instead..

Once I started, it became quite clear that I was going to struggle a bit today. My left shin has become swollen and quite painful and I also started to get a pain on the bottom of my right heal.. To add to this, it seemed that most of the first 10 miles was uphill..




Fortunately, that also meant there was going to be a lot of downhill to come...

Michelle tried to walk some of the way with me too by parking up in villages a few km ahead and waking back a little way (bless)




About 2/3 into the journey, I got to a village called Monreal and heard music and got the scent of paella... They were having a village fiesta so we stopped for a little while to join them...






After our break, I set off to complete todays journey and on the way, met and old woman walking up the hill with her donkey. I alked with her for a while chatting about her travelling as well as my Walk Across Borders journey.



After this, the rural roads changed into the main road into Noain... I finally got there but a little sore tonight...


That's another 25.7 miles completed making the total 420.2 miles in 16 days (approx 677 km)

Tomorrow I go to Lintzoain...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.