Thursday 10 September 2015

Day 19 - Lespars to Bayonnes

Today was without any major mishap... ish..

Last night we decided to go for pizza which was a fantastic idea... The only trouble with that was it was complete darkness when we decided to find a place to pitch our tent..

It got to the point where we just thought.... This will do...

I was fully expecting to see that we have pitched in a cattle field or in the middle of somebodies garden... Fortunately, it was ok...

I set off quite early this morning as I wanted to try to finish as early as possible to try to get to see some of Biarrritz in daylight hours... and that worked out to be a very good plan... I have been to Biarritz several times. It is very beautiful...

Before I left, my breakfast was kindly layed out for me on the carseat... 3 breadsticks, a banana and a glass of orange juice... mmmmm....



When I first set off, it was still raining a little but that soon brightened up.

The rural parts of southern France that I saw were pretty. In fact, very much like my county of birth in England (Cumbria) but without the lakes...





At the half way point, I stopped for a coffee at a little village bar... It wasnt, unfortunately, the most friendly place. Maybe the barman was just having a bad day?

The walk itself was quite pleasent and a very mild day. I completed the journey at about 5pm covering just over 25 miles. That makes the total in my first 19 days to be 494 miles (795 km)

In the evening, we got to drive to Bairritz.. Michelle had not been there before.... She really liked it.




Some more good news about this is that I got a replacement camera so normal photo service will be resumed tomorrow...

My destination tomorrow is Saint-Geours-de-Maremne..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.