Sunday 27 September 2015

Day 36 - Laval to Mayenne

We woke again to a lovely sunny day even though a little cooler again. Once again we didn't need to stay in the tent thanks to  Koutoub and airbnb. Thank you :)

Alison started the day walking with me again and has finally taken the advice about the locking loops on the trainer laces... Since she thought I was joking ;-)..



It was also fantastic that Michelle could park up the car from time to time and walk back with me. The day (and the miles) always seems to fly by when in good company..






Once again, the initial part of the walk was along the rural country roads. It's was also quite amusing seeing Michelle stop ahead in the support car every 5 minutes to look at ANY animal she sees in a field... 






Walk Across Borders has allowed me to see so many places and meet so many people that i wouldn't have met had I not done this... However, I REALLY hope that it is achieving some of the objectives I set out to achieve... Awareness is a primary objective so I would like to think that this has been successful

Thank you to everybody who is continuing to support me, sharing my posts and links, walking with me and even just reading my blogs and pages.... and of course, supporting my nominated charity Reunite International Child Abduction Centre... www.justgiving.com/walkacrossborders

We reached Mayenne earlier than we had estimated but that was positive as it has given us a little time to relax in the cottage that we are staying tonight (thank you Helen and Gary)



Thanks also to Michelle for feeding us in the evening again... It really needs to be said that she has done an amazing job in supporting everything I have been trying to do... I can't say enough how much it is appreciated. It's a real shame that she cant get to see the final stages as she needs to fly back to Spain once we reach the UK.. 





Today was just over 20 miles which makes our total to date 914.6 miles (1472 km)

Tomorrow our destination for day 37 is Domfront x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.