Thursday 17 September 2015

Day 26 - Marsas to Mirambeau

After all of the rain, I actually had quite a good nights sleep in the tent, I woke at about 6.30am as I needed to get an early start today since I was to be taking a break for a radio interview with Ken Thompson (Dads on the air) - Thank you Ken...

We were actually initially awoken by a truck driver as we had literally dumped our tent as the truck stop depot :)

The day started quite clear but by 10.00am, the heavens had opened.... Thanks Michelle for taking the photos from INSIDE the car at this time... It makes me look like I'm in the hall of mirrors !!




Fortunately, in the afternoon, we had some clear sky pretty much for the rest of the day...




I'm starting to work out Michelle's motivation ploy now... She tells me that she is going to wait a few km down the road.... when in fact, I am sure it is further!! (Michelle?)

Since I had started early, I was ready for my first hot drink of the day at a local cafe bar... It surprised me that so many things were closed today... Was it some kind of national holiday in France?


The landscape in this area is pretty much filled with vineyards with some other farmland too. It's pretty in a way but I am more of a sun and sand person and have to admit, I really miss my home in Costa Blanca... Certainly not used to the cold and wet... I've even dug some gloves out for the mornings...



"Coach" Michelle has been very good at motivating me when I have been sore... I don't really need much motivation really... All I need to do is think about the reasons why I am doing this... That is motivation enough... but it does help too Michelle...


I do, however, need to teach her to understand that she does NOT need to turn the ignition key when the engine is already running!!!!! lol

I arrived in Mirambeau at about 5.30 so did quite well as it was a longer day today... Another 27.7 miles completed which makes the total to be 665.8 miles (1071.5 km)


Tomorrow I head to Saintes and ........ WE HAVE A HOTEL......

Tonight though, it's ANOTHER night in the tent... 


I just want to send my thoughts to an amazing friend of mine Jac who had some concerning news today... Sending lots of love and hugs xxxx
---------------------------------------------
Please consider donating even a small amount to my chosen charity if you haven't already... Reunite International Child Abduction Centre . Thanks all x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.