Friday 11 September 2015

Day 20 - Beyonnes to Saint-Geours-de-Maremne

The beginning of my walk today took me through some very narrow rural roads until I reached a town called Urt. There seemed to be some kind of cycling event on as the cyclists were EVERYWHERE.


Urt was very beautiful overlooking the Adour river...


We stopped there briefly to take a few pictures and then Michelle took "Brum" my support car off into the distance...



Before I forget about this, I have to mention a small blonde moment from Michelle yesterday and I am sure that she will appreciate me mentioning this... She was being very good in her support role and went to buy some groceries - snacks etc... However, she decided to place them on the roof being distracted by something else (probably a workman or someone in uniform... lol)... Anyway, she forgot about the items placed on the roof of the car and started to drive off... Wondering why these people were yelling at her..... Sometimes I really worry about her...

Anyway... back to today...

After passing Urt, there seemed to be one cornfield after another... There were some very lovely houses. It is obviously quite a thriving place.. Once again though, I have to say that it is SO dangerous for pedestrians on these roads.. They drive so fast here!



We stopped at various places en route to hand out information about the walk... One of them being a coffee bar... (eventually)... I had been gasping for a coffee all day!


All in all, it was quite a relaxing day and probably one of my shortest walking days that I had scheduled (21 miles)... That extra 5 miles makes a huge difference...

This DID allow me to cross a landmark distance though... I have now walked 515 miles in 20 days (829km)





Tonight, we even got a hotel..... er ... well.... kind of a dorm room..... hmmm... maybe not quite so luxurious.... Its a space with beds and a shared bathroom (not meaning that we all use at once of course)

-------------------------

Please don't forget what (and who) I am doing this walk for all..

Obviously, one HUGE reason is my daughter who was parentally abducted 6 years ago and returned home via Hague proceedings. I thought this would have been the end of matters but how wrong could I have been?... The most devious and heinous tactics were used to remove her again a year later and I have not been allowed to see her since... Nor can I even talk about details of the case or even her name on this media due to the deception and misuse of the UK family courts.. I am gagged from speaking about the case on public media

Not a day goes by without me thinking of my little girl.. I love her with ALL of my heart!! I will continue to do everything I can to make sure she is reunited with her daddy and paternal family.


Another reason I am doing this walk is that during the time I have been trying to reunite with my own child, I have spoken to MANY other parents and families that have been affected by parental child abduction and / or parental alienation. I was shocked to see that the situation we find ourselves in is by far an isolated case.

OVER 17,000 calls were received by the reunite international charity in the UK in 2014.. Imagine what the number would be on a global scale and include more cases that are not reported... This HAS to be seen as a major problem

MANY children are abducted and/or alienated from good parents every single day. These children are used as weapons, pawns and possessions by an abducting/alienating parent that the child is supposed to be able to trust... Instead they are subjecting the child that they claim to love to a most horrible emotional abuse.. Not to mention the abuse of the left behind family..

Sadly, quite often the authorities and the courts seem to facilitate this behaviour by allowing themselves to be lied to, deceived and manipulated... (why isnt purjury deterred in the family courts?)

If you are blessed enough to have your children with you, imagine what it would be like if you woke in the morning to find that they are no longer there... Imagine not knowing where they have been taken to or if you will ever see them again
Imagine trying to plead for help from the authorities and they do nothing or very little to help... Imagine going from day to day trying to be reunited with your child but nothing seems to progress... In fact, the longer it takes, the more damage it is causing to the left behind parent, their family AND the child...

Tomorrow I set off to a town called Lesperon...

Thank you everybody so much for your support and encouragement with this. It really does mean everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.