Friday 18 September 2015

Day 27 - Mirambeau to Saintes

Last night, it was getting quite dark before we decided on a place to pitch the tent. I am normally quite happy to share the decision making on this with my support driver so Michelle and I suggested a place... Mine was a tranquil picnic area separated from the roadside by hedging and far enough away be quiet from any traffic....



Michelle's choice was a car park in the town immediately to the side of a cemetary... My thoughts of my younger days watching Michael Jackson's Thriller video came to mind so I made the executive decision to go with my suggestion (Michelle.... why would you even THINK about camping there???)... weirdo ;-)



We packed the tent away once we saw daylight and a break from the rain and then went for pancakes for breakfast before setting off...



It actually started quite brightly and looked like there was clear (ish) blue sky.... but that didnt last for long... It was a really strange day for the weather... One second sunshine, the next downpours... several times






The road was very busy almost all of the way and the driving was VERY fast... I saw that two accidents occured just on the approach to Saintes.... Crazy traffic

I had a few lovely events occur on the journey today... Firstly, a call from Mitta from reunite telling us about booking another night hotel for us. Then Alison from reunite mentioning about her coming to walk some more days with us in France and UK, and also a gentleman from France, Hugo Clement, found me and walked the final part of the journey.. Thank you so much...






I also have to mention that my support driver made excellent work of the new travel kettle I found for her... lol... mmmm ... soup was lovely....



Another 27.2 miles completed today... This makes the total 693 miles (1115 km)




Tomorrow I go to Loulay.. We have a hotel tonight so feel quite relaxed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.