Sunday 20 September 2015

Day 29 - Loulay to Niort

Today I woke from the tent at 7.00am to get an early start. As it was a slightly shorter day in distance (22.3 miles), and the fact that Reunite Child Abduction Centre had kindly arranged a hotel, I wanted to arrive earlier than I did last night.



When I started, it was pretty cold (7 degrees). 




However, the day turned out to be a bright one. I was glad about that especially since, in contrast to yesterday, the roads were long, straight and flat. Good for walking speed but not for the welcome distractions.



There were a few quaint little towns en route and also at one point felt like I was in a time warp with the passing of lots of old cars and bikes on the road.








With there being a number of towns on the way, this also allowed Michelle to park the support car and walk back a little way.






 It always helps when I have company... Saves me from talking to my shadow :) 



Passing through towns also allows me to give out information about my reasons for Walk Across Borders

Once in Niort a had a little time to look at some of the historical buildings. There is always something magical about ancient architecture (to me anyway)





I increased the pace today but suffering a little for it with pains in my legs again. Hopefully, they will have eased by morning..

The slightly shorter distance today certainly made a difference though... (almost a sprint... lol)





22.3 miles completed. Thats 741.4 miles in total (1193 km)

Tomorrow I head to Parthenay for day 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.