Tuesday 29 September 2015

Day 37 - Mayenne to Domfront

I can't believe that there is only one week left before I will be arriving at the Royal Court of Justice in London. In some ways, it will be sad for it to end. It other ways, it will be great to get to the finishing point in the hope that the objectives I set out at the beginning have at least in part, been achieved...

For those who are doing everything you can to be reunited with their children,
I totally understand that sometimes there does not appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel and it can result in depression, anxiety and absolute disillusionment and despair... It is an unbelievably difficult time for any affected parent, family and child. I just hope that this walk has helped in a positive way through the awareness of the issues that I have tried to raise...

Thank you all so much for your support...

Day 37 started bright and early. the sunshine that Alison brought with her has remained so thanks for that...



Once again, having the company made the journey feel very quick and we had some lovely scenery too in some of the towns we passed through.












Michelle was once again fantastic in the support car... I really cant state enough how supportive she has been throughout this journey and even before... She started training with me a long time ago a wanted to walk a lot more than she has done.

Unfortunately, this was not possible as she had to step in to the support car role at very short notice... Without her, this walk would have been MUCH more difficult so thank you! x





One thing she does have to learn though is that she does not have to turn the key to start the car when it is already started !! ;-)




I finished at Domfront late afternoon and then went to the hotel in Bagnoles de l'Orne... I then had a message from one of my contacts on here (Didier) who said he has seen the car outside where we are so he dropped by for a visit. he is meeting us in the morning to walk a little way with me :-)



The distance walked today was 22.6 miles which makes the total after day 37 to be 937.2 miles (1508 km)

Tomorrow we go to Conde-sur-Noireau x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.