Sunday 13 September 2015

Day 22 - Lesperon to Labouheyre (half way)

I have finished day 22 which is the half way stage of Walk Across Borders... It really wasn't easy today..
After last night's thunderstorm with heavy rain, I quickly packed away the tent (to Michelle's amusement) and moved away from the woodland area into the town (to be safe).. For us, it was the rest of the night sleeping in Brum (the car)... 
 
I started early this morning as Brum was not the most comfortable sleeping area and i set off on my journey.. It was picturesque first thing with the sun rising through the trees and the fog but it actually turned out to be a very long day..








It was road after road going into the horizon and constant rainfall.. Michelle tried her best to keep positive but could see it was difficult for her too... 





finally, in mid afternoon, the sun peaked through and became quite pleasant for the final 5 miles or so in respect of the weather. 



Unfortunately, worse in other areas as firstly I started getting a few problems with my right leg and when I took a little pain relief, became quite nauseous... I did, however, keep pushing on until I reached Labouheyre.. 


Once at the destination, we found a small bar but was disappointed to be "greeted" by one of the rudest, unwelcoming persons ever in the bar staff .. It appears that she was just about to close up for the day when we arrived.. I just had to see the funny side of it... It capped off a pretty difficult day.
There really wasn't much in Labouheyre so we have pitched the tent early and going to catch up on some of the sleep we missed with last night's storm..
On the positive side, I completed another 24 miles today keeping on my schedule.. The total now is 564.5 miles (908.5 km) in 22 days. 

Tomorrow I go to Belin-BĂ©liet.... sleep well all... and PLEASE.... If you can help to raise awareness of what I am doing and why ... it would be greatly appreciated.. This could be as simple as sharing my posts and links or contacting different media to ask if they will run a story... 

Awareness is a MASSIVE part of why I am doing this... We have to get the right people to sit up and listen ... Let's get parental child abduction and parental alienation issues into the media spotlight... One day closer xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.