Tuesday 15 September 2015

Day 24 - Belin-Beliet - Bordeaux

Despite more overnight rain, it was surprisingly comfortable in the tent last night and with it being at a caravan park, we managed to charge up everything that needed charging. 



The day started quite wet and miserable to be honest and once again, it was a long straight road for a lot of the day...



A positive point about the wet weather is that I picked up the pace quite a lot as I wasnt distracted too much by the scenery... My focus was getting there as quickly as possible :)


At about the half way point, I stopped at a small restaurant/diner who provided us with some drinks. Maria, who served us spoke to us (in English) about my walk and wished us well as I set off again.. 





The rain had eased off a little at this point. The sun even made a very short appearance which made the remainder of the day a bit more enjoyable.





Michelle has been doing a fantastic job in the support car.. It really can't be easy. Especially on rainy days like today.. I did ask if she wanted to park up the car and walk back a bit but she declined the offer... lol... chicken ;-)




I finally arrived in Bordeaux late afternoon covering another 27.4 miles today... That's 616.4 miles in total (992 km)....




Thanks to the people in France that have messaged me. Your support means a lot...

If you know of any French media (French or English speaking) - taking into consideration that I do not speak French... that might be interested in writing some article or mentioning on radio etc, please pass on my links... Awareness is a very important part of what I am doing so I would be VERY grateful of any help you could give. The Spanish ex-pat newspapers and magazines on Costa Blanca were fantastic



Walk Across Borders Links:

http://walkacrossborders.blogspot.com.es/ (blog / journal)
www.facebook.com/walkacrossborders (page)
www.justgiving.com/walkacrossborders (reunite international charity)

I've still been quite disappointed with the response of UK media at the moment.... We need to start giving themsome encouragement... PLEASE make the awareness part of Walk Across Borders as effective as possible and share my links.. Thanks all xxx



I have a nice warm hotel bed tonight (actually a studio apartment) and even had chicken korma this evening ! :)... My support driver was even chef as well tonight... :)

Tomorrow I set off to Marsas... Lets hope the weather is a little better xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.