Monday 14 September 2015

Day 23 - Labouheyre to Belin-Beliet

After an awful nights sleep in the tent due to more heavy rain, we woke early to get started as soon as day broke... 





Fortunately, the rain had eased by morning

Once I had reached the first town I was ready for a warm drink so stopped at a little cafe called Auberge de la Poste. The owner Claudine was FANTASTIC. She gave us breakfast and asked about the walk. She really was a lovely lady... She was very interested about the walk, the reasons and the charity




This act of kindness really helped to put a spring in my step today... I thought it was going to be difficult after yesterday but it was a much more pleasant day...

Michelle even got the opportunity to walk a little today too as she left the car and walked back a while since there were town today that she could safely park.




Once I had finished, it was time to look for a place to pitch the tent... Then, we saw a caravan park..... PERFECT...




This meant we could shower and relax... Michelle even found a laundrette so she was in heaven... lol....





I completed another 24.5 miles today... That makes my total 589 miles (948 km)

Tomorrow I go to BORDEAUX.... AND have the luxury of a hotel :)


I just hope that the messages I am trying to send through Walk Across Borders get through.... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.